Earn $100 in addition to reimbursement costs associated with obtaining an Illinois nursing license!
**In order to qualify for the additional $100, you must provide proof of active licensure - Email temp license to USNLicensing@fastaff.com AND Be submitted to an Illinois Strike position
U.S. Nursing will reimburse your Illinois licensing fees up to $250 and support you through the process when you apply for or restore an Illinois license June 24 - August 31.
How to Apply For an Illinois State License
RN Licensure by Endorsement – New License - Mail-In Application
If you prefer to complete the Illinois Licensure Application by mail rather than online, please use the following links to download the application, and follow the instructions on how the application should be completed.
For pieces of the application that are to be sent to U.S. Nursing, you may use the following address:
U.S. Nursing, Attn: IL Licensing, 5700 S. Quebec St. Suite 300, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
RN Licensure by Endorsement – New License - Online Application
- Complete the RN Licensure by Endorsement application online.
New Application checklist and instructions: RN Licensure Checklist
- Application fee - $75.00 (includes application and temporary license fee)
- A temporary permit is valid for 6 months. You MUST complete all steps of obtaining permanent licensure to ensure that the temporary license does not lapse.
- Background Check
- Proof of fingerprint submission is required. You will need to submit a transaction control number (TCN) on the application. (You may enter all 0s or 9s for now until you receive the actual number on your fingerprint receipt. Then go back to your profile to upload your receipt with the correct number.) Please note: your temporary license will not be issued without the correct TCN number.
- Instructions for IDFR Out of State Fingerprint Card Scan
- Verification of Licensure
- Submit verification of original state licensure.
- Submit verification of all current active RN and LPN licenses.
- Submit verification from all states practiced within 5 years (current or expired). LPN verification needed only if not licensed as an RN in that state.
- Verification of Employment
- Must be sent to the Board directly from your employer. This is necessary in order to receive permanent licensure.
- Official Transcripts
- Must be sent to the Board directly from your nursing school. This is necessary in order to receive permanent licensure.
Restore your Illinois State License
Contact the Board at 800-560-6420 to request an application to restore your Illinois license and obtain further instructions. Fees and required documentation may vary based upon expiration.
You will be reimbursed up to $250 within 4-6 weeks upon proof of payment. Reimbursement may only include the cost of the license application fee, background check and license verifications. All receipts must be received by August 31, 2019 in order to be reimbursed. If you have never completed an assignment with Fastaff or U.S. Nursing, you must provide a W-9 form with your receipt to be reimbursed. Send proof of online payment to a strike recruiter or email email@example.com
Questions? Need help walking through the process? Call us today for more assistance at 800-726-8773 and press "1" to speak to a Recruiting Specialist, or email Tunisha at USNLicensing@fastaff.com.