Preparation | Implementation | Resolution
The potential for a nursing strike not only disrupts patient care but can also affect the surrounding community. Since 1989, U.S. Nursing has been committed to working with healthcare facilities and nursing professionals to provide turnkey solutions during labor disputes. U.S. Nursing has staffed or helped avert more than 95% of all healthcare labor negotiations nationwide.
Whether your facility is preparing for an upcoming contract renewal, examining a potential work stoppage or received a one, five or ten-day strike notice, U.S. Nursing can rapidly assemble to address the situation and provide instant direction.
When facing an organized labor strike, U.S. Nursing helps facilities negotiate from a position of strength. In the event of a job action, U.S. Nursing will provide a core group of proven healthcare professionals -- ensuring continuous, quality patient care throughout the duration of the stoppage. Along with quality healthcare staff, U.S. Nursing will also provide executive onsite support during the event to stay updated on changes, strategies and communication. U.S. Nursing is the only work stoppage partner that provides full operational staffing, transportation, logistics, consultation and leadership. U.S. Nursing staffed and managed the largest healthcare strikes in the last decade (2006 – 2016) as listed in Fortune.
2019: U.S. Nursing Fulfills in 24-Hours on the Eve of New Year's Eve
Due to spiking census in six facilities across California, 120 nurses were suddenly needed in the midst of staff holiday PTO, resulting in a gap in bedside care that could not be filled by traditional methods.
That's when U.S. Nursing stepped in.
2019: A Reliable Partner in Massive Labor Uncertainty
U.S. Nursing, industry leader in providing work stoppage coverage for large and small healthcare systems for over 30 years, expertly covered an unprecedented year of labor unrest in 2019, including:
- Working with thirteen health care systems
- Staffing more than 6,800 nurses and allied health professionals in 83 facilities
- Operating in four states, with varying licensing requirements
The Benefits of U.S. Nursing:
- 25+ years of experience navigating the national strike landscape
- 90+ years of combined experience in USN executive leadership team
- All-inclusive pricing
- 300+ Job Action Engagements
- 216+ clients nationwide with 24,287 beds managed
- 22,235 Replacement Personnel Successfully Recruited
- Longstanding experience managing different environments – Urban/major city, suburban, rural, community, academic
- Quality patient care from experienced nurses ready to hit the ground running
- Knowledgeable with regulators: DOH, TJC, BON, State laws
- Unique strategies for various length strikes: 1 day, 5 day, indefinite